Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Art of Caring

So...I apologize. I haven't written a blog in twelve days. And here is why:

I stopped caring about everything for a while. I didn't care about ANY of my classes (I apologize Mr. Mitchell through Merf, inclusive). I didn't care about being a PCC, hence no blog. I didn't care about the SSAT Tutoring Program, about my own private tutoring, about college apps, about getting into college, about almost ANYTHING. It was a really painful, almost scary experience not to care about things because if you get to a certain point, maybe you won't come back to caring. Maybe I was just going to give up all together. The only reason I didn't stop caring is because I clung onto how much I care about my friends and family. I tried to imagine what it would be like if they just disappeared, and it was incredibly painful.

So, when you are beginning in this process, find a friend, a significant other, a family member, chocolate, or a passion. Something you care a whole lot about. And hold on, especially when the college process gets rough.

Much love and CARE,
Celinda

No comments:

Post a Comment