Wednesday, February 9, 2011

College Diary: Entry 1

Hey there Juniors :]

Today, I don't have a college related letter for you. Today, I'm going to start another series that I will intersperse amongst the letter ones. This series will focus more on reflecting my own personal college process, the ups and downs of it. I shall begin with summertime.

Last summer, I was revved. I had this college stuff down. It was June, and I was thinking in my naive little mind of mine "Freedom! Summer! All that time to write blogs and begin applying to college!"
Hahahahahahahahahaha, Oh then-Celinda you.
Two things I didn't get last summer: a damn good tan and a good start on applying. In fact, right before I truly began, I screwed myself up. Ah yes, confession time.
So, to begin, it wasn't really my fault. Actually. It was. I decided to sign up for the Common App and do all the prelim stuff. It made sense, I mean, what was I going to do with my time? (sarcasm). Well, I accidentally signed up as an applicant entering the fall of 2010.
That in itself isn't that sad. However, what is sad was me, frantically emailing Lisa like ten times, freaking out, imagining I had screwed over my ENTIRE college prospects. Yeah...shining moment it was not. I did end up just emailing Common App. They told me to wait, they get rid of all the previous applications to begin the server afresh in August. So, I waited for August.

Whilst I was waiting, I began writing blogs. You can look at my old summer stuff, NOT the best, but hey, it was new.

In August, I began PCC work. FUN STUFF I tell you. I love my fellow PCCs. We ate a lot, had some really deep conversations, and oh yeah, did stuff to get ready for the juniors. We baked cookies. I have a joke for yah: how many PCCs does it take to put an icing "S" on a cookie? You'd be surprised.

Summer came to an end, and soon I will write about the fast, furious fall (alliteration ftw??). In the meantime, I have some exciting blogs coming your way. We are back to the beginning of our PCC contributors, so Ashley will be blogging soon. Adam (and probably Seth) is going to write a blog about why he (they) chose to apply to public schools. I have some more letter stuff coming your way.

Anyway, talk to you soon!
Celinda

No comments:

Post a Comment