Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Google right now is like using a typewriter that might explode any minute

So...I haven't posted in like a week because Google is losing its mind. In fact, this post might not even work. I will try though. If it doesn't, then I will talk to Lisa. If it doesn't work though, you won't know that I will talk to her...ho hum.

Anyway, it's a week into school and I am really tired. In fact, tonight will be the first night I haven't accidentally fallen asleep for two hours before my bed time. Good news though, is that I am almost done with the Common App. You will learn more about the Common App next spring, but I will say this: it is easier than I thought it was going to be :]

What I wanted to talk about in this blog post is what a PCC is and how it can help you.

A PCC is a senior picked through an application process. When we were chosen and agreed to be one, we also promised A LOT of time to that role. That means that we have to be devoted to this role; our time would be wasted if we didn't. A PCC can help you in many, many ways.

They can help you...
...Understand the testing system...
...Navigate the various college websites...
...Show you colleges that ARE great, not just because of the name...
...Discuss with you academic and extracurricular passions...
...Choose the best classes for senior year FOR YOU...
...Show our own college processes, and all the ups and downs that go with it...
...Answer questions, and if we can't help you find someone that can!

I know half of you might not even want to think about this, but preparing now will make life much easier when you have two months and OMG deadlines and OMG essays and OMG tests (*panic*).

As always, let us (Me, Ashley, Katy, Stef, Revathi, and Sheela) know if you have any questions!

-Celinda :]

No comments:

Post a Comment