Monday, August 16, 2010

I Wish...

Hey Juniors!
This is a two part blog about what us PCCs wish we would have done our junior year. Today it is me, as well as Stef and Ashley. Tomorrow it's Revathi, Katy, and Sheela. Check it out before you start this crazy year :]


Celinda

  • I wish I understood each test better (ACT/SAT) before I took them
  • Did research about colleges I didn't know about
  • Organized college letters/emails better
  • Checked FastWeb.com more frequently
  • Gone to Brown Baggers for colleges, even if I didn't think I would apply there

Stef
  • Started my college list on Collegeboard.com earlier in the year. Gives you more time to research.
  • Signed up for fastweb.com earlier
  • Started testing earlier ( I started spring of Junior year)
(A lot of my stuff Junior year kind of stemmed from that. It was just a lot of feeling out of control and not knowing what to do. I think those are three things that, if you do early in your Junior year, you'll probably be a little better prepared by the end of the year.)

Ashley
  • Started looking at colleges earlier
  • Studied more for ACT/SAT
  • Started testing earlier (i.e. January/February)
  • Worried more about my own planning process rather than how it matched up to what others are doing and realizing I would want unique things
  • Talked to Lisa more before summer
  • Used the CRC
  • Relaxed more, college stuff in spring of junior year isn't that bad, it just seemed that way.
  • Signed onto Zinch and Fastweb earlier
  • Gone to more lunchtime Brown Baggers
Get your books, PE clothes, locker decorations, and sanity together, cause it's almost time!
-Celinda :P

No comments:

Post a Comment