Wednesday, September 8, 2010

*Banging head on wall*

Hey!
I was supposed to blog yesterday night...but the English homework, and the eating, and the tired all got in the way...

Ahem. Anyways. I am working on applications right now. Especially for this scholarship program. Which has a due date of September 30. Which is soon. OMG. I literally am going into panic attack mode. My advice? Start your research early. Build a list of scholarships that you might be interesting to you. My thoughts are, you don't know what college you want to go to, but you can find scholarships because there is a lot of logistical things you know about yourself. Like, I am biracial, and have been for the past 16 years. Or, I'm a girl. Or, my dad didn't go to college (semi first generation to go to college anyone?). Do you understand what I mean? The reason you should do this early is because, unlike college, scholarship deadlines don't follow a general pattern. Colleges (most anyways) follow a deadline pattern.

To begin your research:
-Go to Fastweb.com
-Check out references in the library
-Talk to Lisa
-Ask seniors

NOTE OF CAUTION: If a scholarship site is asking for money to sign up, it's a scam. Also, be careful of sites/letters that say you have been nominated. Uni doesn't nominate students to random scholarship programs like other schools do.

Keep tabs on your scholarship research; this will be very helpful when you're a senior already scrambling to finish college apps :]

-Celinda :]

No comments:

Post a Comment